Overview of Raspberry Pi
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Setup and operate the Raspberry Pi and Understand the basics of the Linux OS used on the Pi
- Understand the basics of the X Windows System (the GUI environment) and Program the Pi for a simple GUI-based game
- Program the Pi to access a network, to play audio, to control light emitting diodes (LEDs) attached to the GPIO pins, to get feedback from a switch connected to the GPIO pins, to get the temperature from a sensor connected to the GPIO pins and to detect room light from a photocell censor connected to the GPIO pins.
Prerequisite for Raspberry Pi
- Labs have to be ready well in advance. No prerequisites for the class.
- Individuals that have some programming experience, and in particular Java programming experience, will find following the lab instructions more straight forward.